Welcome to Spring and Style Files 16! This month we chat with the lovely Natasha from Mint and Maven. Canberra based Natasha is a styling and organising queen with a business that encompasses styling to stay or sell and also the most gorgeous gift boxes and baskets we ever did see. Her feed is a mix of fabulous mood boards and spaces for inspiration, gorgeous goodies and a good laugh here and there (and you all know how much we love a laugh!). Go check her out at @mintandmaven.
Here’s what Natasha had to say:
- My style is: Contemporary Industrial
- I find inspiration: When on holidays, taking walks, magazines, and lots of research.
- I use colour to: Create a mood in a room, colour has the power to make a room feel larger, lighter, or warmer.
- Form or Function. Why?: Form can bring balance and natural shapes, softness to an interior in contrast to the stronger symmetry.
- Styling advice I live by: Layering a room is hugely important for adding both comfort and extra colour and pattern.
- Top home styling tips: Always accessorise the easiest way to create a designer look is to add personality using home accessories. Build a collection of staple pieces! The great thing about accessories like this is that you can change them with the seasons and there are so many affordable homeware retailers out there that you can buy from.
- Top tips for buying the perfect rug: Choose the largest area rug that makes sense in your room. A too small rug can throw off the proportions of the space, and it’s always nice to have more softness underfoot.
- What is your go to Six Fourteen Rug? There are so many beautiful rugs to choose from, but I am a big fan of the Kiama wool and Bronte braided jute rugs.