This month’s Style Files is extra special. Not only will we hear from our own wonderful Bec, because it’s her birthday this month……but this year Bec is celebrating a SPECIAL birthday!!!
Our fabulous Bec is a mum of two amazing kiddos, wife to Mr. Fourteen, an RN (yep – our Bec still works as a nurse on occassion), along with being a qualified Interior Designer! Bec loves a good cup of coffee, a nice G&T, caravaning with family and friends and hanging out with her gorgeous family. She always has a laugh bubbling just beneath the surface and never shies from a challenge. Like Kate, Bec loves to redecorate her home regularly and loves to support local artists and stores when doing so.
Here’s what Bec had to say:
1. My style is: A mixture of mid century modern, boho and a touch of contemporary
2. I find inspiration: From beautiful art pieces, gorgeous textiles and holidays with family
3. I use colour to: Create fun and personality in a space. There’s no denying it, I love styling with colour and live by the motto more is more and less is a bore.
4. Form or Function. Why?: For me, function always comes first (especially with a 8 & 6 year old in tow). It is important to ensure that a space will cater to your needs and serve a purpose, but I do believe both can exist simultaneously – it’s just about finding the right pieces.
5. Styling advice I live by: Stay true to yourself and don’t be easily led by fads or trends. Your home should showcase your personality and the things that you love the most – after all you’re the one who has to live with it.
6. Top home styling tips: Start with a neutral canvas and build from there. Draw inspiration from key elements such as furniture pieces or artwork. Create a moodboard. Planning out how colours, textures and furnishing will work in relation to one another is key to getting it right.
7. Top tips for buying the perfect rug: Measure twice, purchase once. Buying a rug that is either too big or even worse too small for a space can be a costly mistake. Make sure you map out on the floor where the rug should sit in relation to your furniture and measure from there.
8. What is your go to Six Fourteen Rug?: Gahhh there are so many!! But I do love my Caloundra White for it’s beauty and my Ballina Multi for it’s functionality.