We’ve touched briefly on this topic before in the odd post but, we felt it was time to write a blog specifically ‘around’ (pardon the pun lol) round rugs!
We believe round rugs are often overlooked and play bridesmaid to the ever popular and more traditional rectangular shape rugs. But why? Believe it or not round rugs actually have superpowers that their counterparts do not!
It’s pretty simple, but in our experience here are the advantages of using a round rug over a rectangle:
- Round rugs often sit better in odd shaped spaces such as entryways
- They can make smaller spaces appear larger
- They are a great way to soften the edges of otherwise quite rectangular space or furniture
- They perfectly accentuate other round furniture pieces
- They can highlight a focal point or feature within a room
- Layered with a rectangular rug, they can create a point of interest; and
- Placed in a designated kids room or area they are perfect spot sit and play on
So next time you’re scrolling don’t pass up the option of a round rug in your home. For more inspo check out the infographics below and/ or scroll down further to see some of favourite round rugs options from the Six Fourteen collection.
Featured image photographed by Fifi Rochet Media, styled by The Ginger Stylist.